Hey everyone! If you are on this page you are probably wanting to know all about my blog and wondering why I decided to blog and more specifically why Books?
I started this blog back in February 2014 after I started to follow a blog of a university friend. Her blog was amazing and she was getting all these books. So I thought why not?
I love books, and if anyone knows me, my shelves are heaving. And at the time I was a student. So the perfect way to spend my time and find out about other books that I may not have picked up otherwise. Also non of my friends are particularly bookish. I mean they like to read but its a different level. Here I can fangirl, rave and cry all without getting on their nerves. Its a kinda win win situation.
When I first started I was hosted on WordPress as I didn’t know if this was a phase or whether I would change my mind. So far that hasn’t happened!
I decided to become self-hosted at the end of 2016. Not because I have a zillion views on my blog but because, for me, I felt that it was time to have more control. More control on layout and editing. Freedom really to do what I want on this blog. And so far it has been AMAZING!!
I mainly post reviews of books but I am slowly expanding with Film Review. I take part in blog tours because I love shouting out about authors. Even though I know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But I also talk about books that I loved as a child (and still do!) and anything that interests me.
- Blog Tours /Guest Posts
- Book vs. Film
- Random Thoughts
- Pastime Pleasures
- Through the Letterbox
- Twenty Questions for Gloria by Martyn Bedford quoted on the author’s website and Penguin Random House website and Curtis Brown
- Mitosis by Brandon Sanderson quoted on Amazon
- Calamity by Brandon Sanderson quoted on Amazon
- Age, Sex, Location by Melissa Pimentel as a featured review on Netgalley
- Twelve Kings in Sharakhai by Bradley P. Beaulieu quoted on author’s website
- Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris quoted on Amazon
- The Good Neighbour by Beth Miller quoted on author’s website
- Legion: Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson quoted on Amazon
- Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin quoted on Amazon
- Snowflakes on Silver Cove by Holly Martin quoted on Amazon
- Summer at Rose Island by Holly Martin quoted on Amazon
- The Year of Saying Yes by Hannah Doyle quoted on Amazon
- Breaking Dead by Corrie Jackson quoted on Amazon
My rating System (if you feel the need to know)
I use a five star system, with five stars being the highest accolade I can give. Below is a more detailed description of my rating system.
Five Stars means I loved it. I enjoyed it tremendously and I would recommend it to everyone. It does not have to be a literary masterpiece but it managed to draw me in.
Four Stars means I enjoyed it. I would buy this book and enjoy re-reading it but there is something missing that means it does not quite get in the five star category.
Three Stars means I liked it. However I was not blown away by the story. This is a solid rating and not to be sniffed at.
Two Stars means that I did not particularly enjoy the book, but it held enough interest that I made it to the end.
One Star is a rating that (hopefully!) will never be used. It means that I never finished the book, and the book is most likely off to the charity shop.