Welcome to Through the Letterbox. I think that it is fair to say now that I am a huge fan of FairyLoot. This is a monthly subscription YA book box based in the UK. This months theme was entitled Twisted Tales.
In each box you can expect:
- One recently published Young Adult book,
- 4-6 goodies often related to the book,
- promotional items such as posters, bookmarks and a signed bookplate (whenever possible),
- a unique hashtag that links you up with one other person receiving a box.
The box is £26 plus shipping at £3.95 (if UK based) bringing it to a grand total of £29.95. I wish that the shipping is including in the price because it is like a hidden extra. But I do think that this box is well worth the price.
This box is perfect for fans of dark fairytales and The Grimm Fairytales! You can expect items themed on Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Hansel and Gretel, and Rapunzel.
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert which is actually signed!! It also came with a handwritten letter from Melissa and an exclusive interview.
- An exclusive ‘Grimm Tales’ mug designed by Aun juli Art. This mug features many Grimm tales, can you spot how many there are? I manged to find about 7 but I’.m sure there are a lot more because the details are so small!
- An exclusive ‘Red Riding Hood’ woodmark designed by Ink and Wonder, which was inspired by Little Red Riding Hood. This wooden bookmark is made from sustainably sourced wood. And the quote is pretty awesome.
- Exclusive ‘The Witch and The Gingerbread House’ socks brought to you by FairyLoot! These socks are inspired by Hansel and Gretel. I have tried them on and they are so soft and cosy.
- Exclusive ‘Poisonous Apple’ vegan bath salts brought to you by Little Heart Gifts. These salts are apple scented and are of course inspired by Snow White.
- Exclusive ‘The Hinterland’ candle by Wick and Fable, inspired by the book of the month. Fairy Loot worked with the author to create this scent. In The Hazel Wood, ‘The Hinterland’ is a book filled with dark fairytales.
Let me know if you’ve received Twisted Tales Fairyloot Box. I’d love to know your thoughts. What was your favourite item? And was there anything that you didn’t like?