Welcome to Through the Letterbox. So I think that it is fair to say now that I am a huge fan of FairyLoot and this months theme is the awesomely titled Ladies that Slay. This is a monthly subscription YA book box based in the UK.
In each box you can expect:
- One recently published Young Adult book,
- 4-6 goodies often related to the book,
- promotional items such as posters, bookmarks and a signed bookplate (whenever possible),
- a unique hashtag that links you up with one other person receiving a box.
The box is £26 plus shipping at £3.95 (if UK based) bringing it to a grand total of £29.95. I wish that the shipping is including in the price because it is like a hidden extra. But I do think that this box is well worth the price.
So this book is apparently perfect for those that love and celebrate “our favourite leading ladies in YA! You’ll find items themed on Hermione Granger, Katniss Everdeen, Blue Sargent and more. Even if you don’t know these characters, you are sure to enjoy all of the wonderful items we have selected.”
- Exclusive FairyLoot Edition The Last Namsara by Kirsten Ciccarelli which was silvery and included a author letter and book plate
- Exclusive Brightest Witch Candle by Flick The Wick – and this luckily this one smells of Vanilla, Musk, Lily, Raspberry and Citrus, my only issue being.. its so small. But they are doing a deal where if you show your fairyloot receipt you can get a full sized candle!
- Exclusive Blues Brew by Bookish Teas – Inspired by Blue Sargent from The Raven Cycle, this smells so good! It actually reminds me of a mulled wine tea – perfect for these wintery evenings. And there is edible glitter.
- Exclusive Fight Darkness Sticker by Reverie and Ink – Inspired by Sabaa Tahir’s Ember in the Ashes, this is a gorgeous little sticker and I love the pastel colours and quote.
- Exclusive Fire Is Catching Badge by Literary Emporium – a gorgeous sew on badge, and Hunger Games is one of my all time faves!!
- Exclusive Slay Book Sleeve by Aunjli Art – a book sleeve, it has books and swords all over it and it is water proof.
- ARC Furyborn by Claire Legrand