Welcome to Through the Letterbox. I think that it is fair to say now that I am a huge fan of FairyLoot. This is a monthly subscription YA book box based in the UK. This months theme was entitled Villainous.
In each box you can expect:
- One recently published Young Adult book,
- 4-6 goodies often related to the book,
- promotional items such as posters, bookmarks and a signed bookplate (whenever possible),
- a unique hashtag that links you up with one other person receiving a box.
The box is £26 plus shipping at £3.95 (if UK based) bringing it to a grand total of £29.95. I wish that the shipping is including in the price because it is like a hidden extra. But I do think that this box is well worth the price.
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julia Dao with a signed bookplate and letter from the author. This looks like an amazing book and is all about a beautiful Evil Queen retelling set in Eastern Asia!
- Maleficent candle by Meraki Candles Which looks and smells so pretty
- Villain Coaster & TMI inspired Art Print by Evie Bookish. The Coaster is inspired by Moriarty and is perfect for any villain in your life. And the print while inspired by TMI is actually a Virgil Aeneid quote so the classist in me died and when to heaven a little bit
- Death Eater Pin by How Store which looks amazing and it glows in the dark!
- Hidden Darkness Mirror by Little Inklings Design Which features a quote from The Young Elite by Marie Lu. This is a series that I need to read.
- And finally an exclusive edition of The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo. Which is so gorgeous that I’m afraid to crack it open.
- And then the bonus items were Night of Cake and Puppets Art Print and The Language of Thorns postcards.
Let me know if you’ve received Villainous Fairyloot Box. I’d love to know your thoughts. What was your favourite item? And was there anything that you didn’t like?