Welcome to Through the Letterbox. Illumicrate is a quarterly subscription box. This is the frist box that actually has a theme for the box which is Rise Up and is pretty awesome. It was a jam packed box and had so many items in it that there was a slight delay in the box shipping.
In each box you can expect:
- One recently published book,
- 3-5 goodies often related to the book,
- promotional items such as posters, bookmarks and a signed bookplate (whenever possible),
- anddddddddd an Advanced Reader Copy of a highly anticipated book!!
The box is £29.99 plus free shipping (if UK based). For international shipping, depending where you live its between £4.99 – £13.99. But I can promise you that this box is well worth the price.
- Blood and Sand by C.V.Wyk which is a re-imagining of the story of Spartacus, if Spartacus was a young women. The book also came with a a signed bookplate, a badge, a bookmark and a temporary tattoo.
- The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green which I am so excited to receive. Not only is it an ARC, but it is also Sally Green’s new book and a start of a brand new series. Aaaggghh I’m so excited!
- Fight the Darkness Cushion Cover from stellabookishart – So long as you fight the darkness you stand in the light’ a quote from Ember in the Ashes series from Sabaa Tahir – I still need to read this series but when I read good quotes like this it just makes me want to have the book in my hands right now!
- A Rebel’s Command List from howstoreofficial
- Inimitable Mug by abbieimagine with the quote ‘I am inimitable, I am an original’ is from Hamilton, a musical I really want to see. Despite not having seen the musical, I really love this quote and how bright the mug is.
- Dagger bookmark from rdashjackdomcom. This is one of my favourite item of the box! This is a wooden bookmark in the shape of a dagger, and has the quote:‘Isn’t that what stories do, make real things fake, and fake things real?’ from The Winner’s Curse Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. I really like this quote, and the bookmark is also really detailed – the picture doesn’t do it justice.
- Lunar Lip Balm from lovely_lip_balm A red cherry flavoured lip balm called ‘Scarlet’, based on the Lunar Chronicles series. Again, another book series I haven’t read but everyone can appreciate some delicious smelling lip balm.
- Phoenix Magnet from hannahhitchmanart. This is Harry Potter related and has writing on it that says ‘I’m in the Order’, a reference to the Order of the Phoenix.
- The Truth and Lies of Ella Black Compact Mirror. A sweet little compact mirror.
- The Hazelwood Notebook and pen. I love how the pen is built in. And to make the item even better the book was part of February’s Fairyloot Box so its nice to have merch relating to a new book.
- Extras: Strange the Dreamer Postcard, Witchsign bookmark, Shatter Me and Clean samplers