Monthly Round-up, linking everything that has happened in the last month, posted on the last day of said month. This Round-up August 2015.
So this month has absolutely flown by! I was a bit shocked at the weekend to realise that August is basically over, and will writing this post I tried to remember if I had done anything this month.
Well I ended the month by going to Scope – a horse festival where there is a lot of jumping. But really varied jumping, it’s not often that you’ll have young competitors (aka 10 year olds!) followed by an international competition, as well as qualifiers for HOYs (Horse of the Year Show) and ex-Olympians competing (hello Geoff Billington) and new up and coming stars in Show-jumping. It makes the event quite exciting, even if its not really your cup-of-tea…
I also drove up to Yorkshire for a couple of days camping and looking at castles with my sister which was fun. But I had forgotten how uncomfortable roll mats are! Next time I am definitely purchasing an air bed.
- One Hundred Proposals by Holly Martin ★★★★★
- Masquerade by Joanna Taylor ★★★★
- The Art of Baking Blind by Sarah Vaughan ★★★★
- My Mother's Secret by Sheila O'Flanagan ★★★★
- The Other Me by Saskia Sarginson ★★★
- One by Sarah Crossan ★★★★★
- The Waiting Game by Jessica Thompson ★★★
- Guest Post: Q&A with Sarah Vaughan, author of The Art of Baking Blind
- Guest Post: Q&A with Saskia Sarginson, author of The Other Me
- Guest Post: Exclusive Extract from The Waiting Game by Jessica Thompson
- As per usual I’m participating in the Goodreads Challenge. I’m now one book ahead of schedule for the Goodreads challenge (thank goodness) and I have read 68 books this year, which is a huge amount!
- Today is the last day for the Paperback Summer Challenge and unless there is some kind of miracle I won’t be getting to read 30 books, but I’m still really pleased to have read 21 book presently, so I’m over half way and so close to my target
- From tomorrow until the 14th October I’m participating the Netgalley Challenge (introduction post up tomorrow!) in the hope of clearing up some of my e-arcs and getting to the recommended 80%
So what do you think of my round-up August 2015? What have you read this month? Let me know in the comments below!